CBSE has come up with CBSE Budding Authors Programme in partnership with Central Square Foundation, Pratham Books’ StoryWeaver, and National Book Trust. The Programme is an extension of the CBSE Reading Mission which was launched on 13th September 2021.
The aim of the programme is to provide school students a platform to engage in reading different types of stories and learning to write effectively. They would also get an opportunity to express their creativity and get a chance to see them published.
The school students can submit their stories in Hindi or English in the following three categories:
- For Classes 5-6
- Length of the submission: 500- 600 words
- For Classes 7-8
- Length of the submission: 600- 900 words
- For Classes 9-10
- Length of the submission: 1000- 1500 words
- The first phase of the programme will be organized at the school level from 24th August to 16th September 2022.
- School to organize the programme per the above schedule and align a school teacher to coordinate the activity.
- The school must share the information about this programme with all the students.
- The School teachers and students can register on the CBSE Reading Mission Platform https://cbseacademic.nic.in/
- CBSE has also published exemplar stories/ books in Hindi and English for the student’s assistance.
- Schools to give one week to students to read extensively with a view to preparing for the Budding Author’s Programme.
- To support schools better understand the programme, a webinar for school heads, teachers (classes 5-10) and librarians is being organized on the 23rd of August 2022 at 3:00 pm. The link to join the event is https://youtu.be/t_Nzj_IyPnE.
- CBSE has also given guidelines for Phase 1, hence requesting all the interested students to read it thoroughly.
- The timeline for phase 2
- The Registration and Onboarding on the Technology Platform: 16th September – 30th September 2022
- Contest on the Technology Platform Timeline: 30h September – 02nd November 2022