In our efforts to bring the latest and important news update for our readers and their family & friends, today we are writing an article on the CBSE Udaan scheme.
It is a project launched by the CBSE under the aegis of the Ministry of human resource development (MHRD).
Through this project, CBSE wants to address the low enrolment of girl students in engineering institutions. The aim is to provide a platform empowering girls, aspiring them to join prestigious engineering institutions.
Moreover, through this scheme Girls, girl students are provided
- free offline/online courses through virtual weekend classes and
- study material while studying in class XI and XII for preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
Eligibility for the scheme:
- The program is open to only Indian Citizens residing in India.
- Girl students studying in Class 11 of KVs/ NVs/ Government schools of any recognised Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply.
- The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
- Girl students enrolled in class xi in physics, chemistry, mathematics (pcm) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in class x overall and 80% marks in science and mathematics for boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics reservation as per JEE (advanced): OBC (NCL) – 27 %, SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 % , PWD – 3 % of seats in every category.
- The annual family income should be less than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum.
How to apply for the CBSE Udaan scheme?
- Girls who are interested would need to fill the UDAAN application form.
- The online form is available on the CBSE website.
- Click http://www.cbse.nic.in or http://www.cbseacademic.in.
- To check your eligibility a portal is also provided, click here.
Read more ‘CBSE’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.