November 26th is celebrated as Constitution Day to celebrate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
In order to commemorate Constitution Day 2020, activities aimed at highlighting and reiterating the values and principles enshrined in the Indian Constitution are being organized.
An important part of the celebrations is the reading of the Preamble to the Constitution and reaffirming our commitment to upholding its ideology.
This year, the Hon’ble Prime Minister is going to read the Preamble at 11 A.M. on 26th November 2020 during the Conference of the All India Presiding Officers at Kevadia, Gujarat.
CBSE is requesting all the School Heads and School Staff to encourage their students and teachers to join the Hon’ble Prime Minister in reading of the Preamble at 11 A.M. on 26th November 2020. Other activities like Talks/Webinars on constitutional values and fundamental principles of the Indian Constitution may also be organized in the Schools.
Schools affiliated with other boards can also organize activities to make their students and school staff aware of the Indian Constitution.
Schools can celebrate Constitution Day 2020 by organizing?
- Drawing Competition
- Quiz Competition
- Essay Competition
- Invite senior citizens who talk about the Indian Constitution
- Invite eminent personalities who talk about the Indian Constitution
- Video making competition
- Read the Preamble and generate your own certificate. Click here for your certificate.
- Social Media Campaign, etc.
Please organize the activities considering the guidelines issued in the wake of the COVID 19 pandemic.
Once the activities and events are organized schools are required to submit a report on or before 28.11.2020. Click here to access the online form for the submission of the report.
Since you are here, you should know
– Constitution Day is also known as Samvidhan Divas.
– It is celebrated every year to recognize and honor the efforts of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
– He is also known as the father of the Indian Constitution.
– On 26th November 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India adopted the Constitution of India, which came into effect from 26th January 1950.
– The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on 19th November 2015 notified the decision of the Government of India to celebrate the 26th day of November every year as ‘Constitution Day’ to promote Constitution values among citizens.
Read more ‘CBSE’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.