CBSE is requesting to celebrate the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas 2020 or National Unity Day 2020 on 31st October 202.
What do we celebrate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas?
Firstly, the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is observed as ‘Rashtriya Ekta Diwas’ or National Unity Day every year on 31st October.
Secondly, this gives us an opportunity to re-affirm the inherent strength and resilience of our nation. Finally, it is the aim is to withstand the actual and potential threats to the unity, integrity, and security of our country.
How to celebrate the National Unity Day?
The schools are required to conduct online activities to observe the occasion, which may include the following:
- A Pledge (Oath) taking a ceremony for all the students.
- Essay writing or debate competition on the theme of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Slogan Writing or Poster Making Competition on the theme ‘Rashtriya Ekta’.
- Quiz Competition organized by the Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education, Government of India. The school children can access the quiz on the MyGov.in portal.
- Schools are free to organize other online and relevant to the theme activities for the students.
Schools may also invite COVID-19 warriors like doctors, health workers, sanitation workers, etc. to the ceremony as a recognition of their noble service in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Once the activities are conducted schools to submit a report of the ceremony at the link provided by the Board on or before 03.11.2020. Click here to access the link.
Click here to access the CBSE circular.
Read more ‘CBSE’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.