Dr. Rajendra Prasad Birth Anniversary was commemorated in the Rashtrapati Bhawan today. The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, paid homage to Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the first President of India, on his birth anniversary at Rashtrapati Bhavan today (December 3, 2021). The President and officials of Rashtrapati Bhavan paid floral tributes before a portrait of Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
Let’s know some facts about Dr. Rajendra Prasad
- Apart from being a politician, freedom fighter, he was a engligh teacher and lawyer.
- He was born on 3rd December 3, 1884, in Zeradei in the Siwan district of Bihar.
- He got married when he was just 12 years (1896), and his wife name was Rajavanshi Devi.
- Was as the first President of India from 1950 to 1962, and that is why he hold the record of being the longest serving president till date.
- He was honoured with the highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna in 1962, and retired the same year.
- He died on 28th February 1963 when he was at the age of 78 years.
We would request our readers to share more knowledge about Dr. Rajendra Prasad in the comments section.
To know more about him, you can buy a book from Amazon, click here.
Read more ‘General Knowledge‘ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.