The government of India’s Ministry of Education (MoE), in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), has launched the School Health Programme in February 2020 with the aim to raise awareness on the health and well-being of school-going children.
Education Minister, Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank,’ in his tweet on 25th September informed about educational animated videos that are developed by NCERT and UNESCO in collaboration. These innovative and creative videos are launched in English and Hindi so that these are easily recognized.
The recently launched National Education Policy 2020 by the Indian Government highlights the need for innovative teaching and learning. In this regard, NCERT, in partnership with UNESCO New Delhi, developed 11 animated videos on the 11 themes of the School health programme: Growing up Healthy; Emotional Well Being and Mental Health; Interpersonal Relationships; Values and Citizenship; Gender Equality; Nutrition, health, and Sanitation; Prevention and Management of Substance Misuse; Promotion of Healthy Life Style; Reproductive Healthy and HIV Prevention; Safety and Security against Violence and Injuries and; Promotion of Safe use of the internet and social media behaviors.
School staff, parents, or guardians should watch such interesting and creative videos on the NCERT official website or UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office Youtube channel. They should encourage their students and children to watch these videos and teach them about health and wellness. The maximum time for watching the Educational animated videos by NCERT and UNESCO will be 10 mins.
List of videos and their highlights:
1. Emotional Well-being and Mental Health English (4:57 mins)
2. Emotional Well-being and Mental Health Hindi (4:59 mins)
3. Safety and Security Against Violence and Injuries English (5:39 mins)
4. Safety and Security Against Violence and Injuries Hindi (5:42 mins)
5. Gender Equality English (7:09 mins)
6. Gender Equality Hindi (7:23 mins)
7. Promotion of Safe Use of Internet, Gadgets, and Media English (6:00 mins)
8. Promotion of Safe Use of Internet, Gadgets, and Media Hindi (6:08 mins)
9. Nutrition, Health, And Sanitation Hindi (6:39 mins)
10. Nutrition, Health, And Sanitation English (6:22 mins)
11. Growing up Healthy Hindi (4:20 mins)
12. Growing up Healthy English (4:11 mins)
Click here to visit the UNESCO New Delhi Cluster Office Youtube channel.
Read more ‘NCERT’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.