National Book Trust, India has come up with an Essay Writing Competition for School Children. The competition is open for students of schools/colleges/educational institutions. The essay competition is to commemorate the occasion of the 400th Prakash Parv celebrations of Guru Teg Bahadur Ji.
The winners will be offered Free NBT Book Club Membership and the winners from Delhi will also be offered free NCCL Library Membership
Details of the Competition are:
- Students can choose to write on any one of the following three topics
- Teachings from the Life of Guru Teg Bahadur;
- What I have learned from his Life and his Teachings;
- Relevance of Guru Teg Bahadur’s Teachings in the Current Times
- The Essay can be written in any language of their choice.
- The Essays have to be 500 to 700 words.
- The schools need to send the Best 3 Essays from their school.
- Participants should clearly mention the name, class, school, topic & language.
- The Essays have to be sent through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The last date of the competition is 20th April 2021.
- The 3 best entries from each school will be awarded books by NBT
- The schools and winners will be given e-certificates by NBT.
- The schools will be offered NBT Book Club’s Institutional Membership.
- The winning entries will be included in the Readers’ Club Bulletin.
- The winners will also be featured on our social media pages.
- A Webinar + physical event may be held with winning schools + students
We would request the Schools/Colleges/Educational institutions to encourage their students to participate in the Essay Writing Competition.