CBSE has announced Expression Series 2020 for school students from class 1 to 12.
Art and Culture are essential aspects of our overall development of a student. They foster creative inquiry and also assist in refining the skills of the children. They also help in enabling perspective, instilling values, and translating experiences across space and time.
In order to provide a platform to school students to express their ideas/views in a creative and innovative manner on the theme Art and Culture, the CBSE has announced the second Expression Series for the session 2020-21.
Interested students can submit their entries (Paragraph/ Essay/ Poem) in Hindi/ English or any one of the 22 scheduled languages.
The details are as follows:
- The pairing of States and Union Territories as per Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) programme. Please refer to Annexure I of the circular released by CBSE.
- Topics and Medium: While reading the topic, the students have to keep the EBSB pairing in mind. For example, Nagaland has been paired with Madhya Pradesh. Hence, students of class 1 to 5 of CBSE schools in Nagaland will keep Madhya Pradesh in mind while Painting/ Drawing/ Writing paragraphs for the submission of their entry. For details of the cultural mapping of states, the students can refer to CBSE Guidelines on Art Integrated Learning. Click here to access the guidelines.
Category, Medium and Topics
- Category: Primary (Class 1st to 5th)
- Medium: Painting/ Drawing/ Paragraph (up to 150 words)/ Poem
- Topics: What fascinates me in the culture of the paired state/ UT? OR Uniqueness of the Art forms of the paired state/ UT
- Category: Middle (Class 6th to 8th)
- Medium: Painting/ Drawing/ Essay (up to 300 words)/ Poem
- Topics: Similarities in the Art and Culture of my state/UT with the paired state/ UT
- Category: Secondary (Class 9th &10th)
- Medium: Painting/ Drawing/ Essay (up to 500 words)/ Poem
- Topics: Art and Culture Unifies Us.
- Category: Senior Secondary (Class 11th & 12th)
- Medium: Painting/ Drawing/ Essay (up to 800 words)/ Poem
- Topics: What if I blend the Art and Culture of my state/UT with the paired state/ UT!
For other details students and school staff are requested to click here.
Read more news on ‘Competition‘.