Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has extended his wishes on the occasion of World Sanskrit Day 2021 and shared his greetings with the people in Sanskrit.
The first World Sanskrit Day was celebrated in the year 1969. The Ministry of Education of the Government of India took the initiative to celebrate Sanskrit Day. So it suggested Central and State celebrate the day on annual basis. The objective was to celebrate and spread awareness about the Sanskrit or ‘संस्कृत’ language. It undoubtedly inherits the rich culture of India and is used to depict stories of ancient history.
In a tweet, the Prime Minister said;
Hence, let’s check a few of the Sanskrit quotes which are used in the day to day communication:-
- वसुंधैव कुटुम्वकम् – The whole earth is a family.
- दीर्घसूत्री विनश्यति – Unncessary delays or Prolonged laziness is the cause of destruction
- मातृ देवो भव। पितृ देवो भव। आचार्य देवो भव। अतिथि देवो भव॥ – Mother, Father, Teacehr and Guest should be considere as at par with the God.
- सिंहवत्सर्ववेगेन पतन्त्यर्थे किलार्थिनः॥ – People with intention to get work done cast themselves on the task with all possible speed, like a lion.
- यत भावो-तत भवति। – You become what you believe.
Thus we would like to wish all our readers a Happy World Sanskrit Day 2021. We would encourage students to learn Sanskrit as another language. This will help us to protect our rich culture and well an opportunity to learn more from our Vedas.