CBSE and the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) are organizing a new competition for school students called Junior Skills Championship 2021.
The Board is inviting applications from students studying in the schools affiliated with CBSE.
According to the CBSE circular – This competition envisages introducing the dignity of labor and inculcating the philosophy of ‘Work is Worship’ in school children. It is an initiative to ‘increasingly incorporate elements of vocational education into the school curriculum to expose children to its utility and its value as art’ as envisioned in the new National Education Policy.
Who can apply:
- CBSE schools’ students studying in Class VI to XII are eligible to participate in the Championship. The condition is one student can only participate in one skill.
- The championship is divided into three groups
- Group 1: Class VI-VIII
- Group 2: Class IX – X
- Group 3: Class XI-XII
How to register for Championship:
- The interested students are required to register for the championship. They have the option to register either as individuals or through their schools.
- The registration will close on 19th February 2021.
- Students and Schools who are interested should first go through the details published by CBSE and then through the content available on the World Skills India website.
- Prizes include Cash Rewards, Certificates, Exposure to WorldSkills International, and more.
Please click here for the details and for registering for the Junior Skills Championship 2021.
Read more ‘General‘ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.