Online Innovation Ambassador Program has been launched for CBSE School Teachers. CBSE understands the importance of nurturing young school students on problem-solving and critical thinking.
In the New Education Policy huge emphasis on promoting out-of-the-box thinking amongst students. The school teachers will play a pivotal role to guide and mentor the young student in their pursuit of innovation and entrepreneurship.
In order to strengthen the mentoring capacity of teachers for Nurturing and handholding ideas from students, CBSE in collaboration with the Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell and AICTE is launching the online ‘Innovation Ambassador Program’.
In this program, the teachers shall be trained on the following four modules:
- Design Thinking & Innovation (Duration-26 Hours)
- Idea generation & Ideal hand-holding (Duration-15 Hours)
- Intellectual Property Rights (Duration-12 Hours)
- Product / Prototype development (Duration-13 Hours)
School teachers will not be charged anything for the online training. After the successful completion of the trainings, the participants shall be designated as ‘Innovation Ambassadors’.
Role of the ‘Innovation Ambassadors’:
Through this ‘Innovation Ambassador Program’, CBSE envisages training 50,000 teachers (i.e. two/ three teachers per school) from all CBSE affiliated schools as ‘Innovation Ambassadors’. Thus, all CBSE-affiliated schools should nominate four/five teachers from their school (in order of preference) for this program.
Selection of teachers shall be based on the following criteria:
- Involvement in developing innovative student projects
- Passion for working with students on developing new ideas
- Demonstrates Problem-solving skills
- Possesses good communication and analytical skills
- Participated in any science/innovation exhibition, hackathons and idea competitions, etc.
How to register for the program:
Registration Link: Please provide details of teachers nominated for the ‘Innovation Ambassador Program’ using the link or before
17th May 25th May 2021.
For any further queries or feedback, the schools may contact the Joint Secretary, Department of Skill Education, CBSE at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Elangovan Kariappan, Assistant Innovation Director, Innovation Cell, MoE, AICTE at email@example.com
Read more ‘CBSE’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.