5 November 2020 will be the first-ever celebration of the International Day against Violence and Bullying at School including Cyberbullying, under the theme “Together against Bullying in school.”
On this new International Day against violence and bullying at school, including cyberbullying, the schools and educational institutions are encouraged to conduct activities to enhance awareness on the prevention of violence and bullying in schools and work together to make the schools and educational institutions safer and more vibrant for all learners.
Resources for online activities on this day:
- Presentation for students on Prevention of School-related gender-based violence (SRGBV). Access the UNESCO presentation with voiceover – English, Hindi
- Presentation for teachers on Prevention of School-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) Access the UNESCO presentation with voiceover – English, Hindi
- NCERT and UNESCO has also brought a short film in Hindi and English “Safety and Security Against Violence and Injuries”
- Brochure on ‘Safe online learning in times of COVID’ – English, Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telegu, Bengali, Gujarati, Assamese
- Poster on prevention and elimination of school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) – English, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil (see below)
- Set of 5 posters on – BE a buddy-NOT a Bully developed by NCERT and UNESCO New Delhi – English, Hindi (see below)
Schools and educational institutions are requested to conduct sessions for students and teachers. The institute uses the above resources and posts videos/photos of these online activities on social media tagging UNESCO New Delhi. The institute will get an opportunity to feature on the UNESCO New Delhi website/social media handles.
Entry rules and guidelines for participation:
- Schools and educational institutions to register by giving the required details. Click here to register
- Download the presentations/IEC materials for the activities that can be conducted.
- Record videos of the activities conducted. Make sure the video be no more than 2 minutes duration in MP4 format.
- The video must focus on the theme “Together against bullying in school”.
- Videos to be uploaded to the school’s social media platform with the hashtag (#SafeSchoolsinIndia).
- Kindly follow UNESCO New Delhi social media handles (Facebook @unesconewdelhi; Twitter @unesconewdelhi; Instagram @unesconewdelhi) and when uploading videos tag UNESCO New Delhi.
- School to ensure that the video is publicly visible.
Interested school staff should read the complete guidelines published in this regard. Click here to visit the UNESCO webpage.
Read more news on ‘Competition‘.