In order to celebrate World Space Week starting from 4th to 10th October 2022, ISRO and the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) are organizing the National Space Quiz.
The online quiz is being celebrated for school students from Class VI to XII. The quiz is open to school students from all the schools in India.
Important highlights for the quiz:
- Employees, directly or indirectly, connected with ISRO and SIM are not eligible to participate in the quiz. Please note that this applies to their immediate family members also.
- The quiz shall be available from 4th October to 10th October 2022.
- Link for the competition: https://kid-ex.com/champions/nsquiz
- To participate in the quiz information like guardian name, mobile no, etc. shall be required.
- The quiz will have 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), and all the questions must be answered within 10 minutes. No negative marks for the incorrect answer.
- A certificate will be given to the students scoring more than 40% marks. The certificate will have the student’s details like Name, Date of Birth (DoB), City, and School Name.
- Any individual who desires to participate in the quiz will be required to provide his/her name, email address, mobile number, school name, and class.
- One student can participate in the quiz only once.
- Different students will see different sets of questions in the quiz, i.e., the questions in a quiz will vary from attempt to attempt.
- Discovery/detection/noticing of use of any unfair/spurious means/malpractices. including but not limited to impersonation, double participation, etc. during the participation in the quiz, which will result in the participation being declared null and void and hence, rejected. The organizers of the quiz competition reserve the right in this regard.
What is the World Space Week?
This is an international event organized to celebrate the contribution of science and technology, especially to the betterment of the human condition.
It was in the year 1999, that the United Nations General Assembly declared that World Space Week will be held each year from October 4-10. These dates were to celebrate two big events:
- October 4, 1957: Launch of the first human-made Earth satellite, Sputnik 1, thus opening the way for space exploration
- October 10, 1967: The signing of the Treaty on Principles Governing the Activities of States in the Exploration and Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, including the Moon and Other Celestial Bodies.
So we will request our readers to encourage the eligible school students to participate in the online space quiz.
Read more ‘Competition‘ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.