The National Talent Search Exam 2020 by NCERT is conducted every year for students to identify and nurture talent. The examination is conducted at two levels: Stage – I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level).
Scholarships: About two thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
- Scholarships of Rs. 1250/- per month for Class XI and XII
- Scholarships of Rs. 2000/- per month for Undergraduate and Post-graduate.
- The amount of Scholarship for a Ph.D. is fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
Selection for the scholarship:
- Stage-I, the selection will be done by State/UTs and those who are selected/recommended from Stage-I examination will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.
- Qualifying marks for candidates from SC/ST/PH category is 32% in each paper and for others (General/OBC & EWS) categories it is 40% in each paper.
Important Notes for the National Talent Search Exam 2020:
1. The last date for the submission of the application form for Stage-I is to be notified by the respective State ad it may vary from State to State.
2. Stage I examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Andaman and Nicobar Islands will be conducted on 12th December 2020. While the examination in all other States and UTs will be conducted on 13th December 2020.
3. Stage II examination in all States and UTs shall be conducted on 13th June 2021.
- All school students of Class X studying in any recognized schools are eligible for examination.
- There will be no domicile restriction for the students.
- Students registered under Open Distance Learning (ODL) are also eligible for scholarship provided the student is below the age of 18 years (as on 1st July of the particular ear), the student should not be employed and he/she is appearing in Class X examination for the first time.
- Indian students studying abroad in Class X can appear directly for the Stage-II NTS examinations under conditions prescribed in the NTS brochure, which is available on the NCERT website.
Click here to read the Reservation and other details like Application Forms, Fees, etc. You are also requested to go through the further details provided by NCERT. Click here to visit the NTS Exam page on the NCERT website.
In case you have any queries related to
- NTS National Level Examination then you can call at 011-26560464 (Timings 2.30 PM to 4.30 PM only) or write at email@example.com
- NTS State Level Examination you can contact the Liaison Officer of your respective State.
Read more ‘NCERT’ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.