The World Ozone Day campaign is organized by the South Asian Meteorological Association (SAMA) in collaboration with Vigyan Prasar an institution under the department of science and technology and India Meteorological Department and Indian Meteorological Society. This year the campaign consists of Ozone Quiz 2020 hosted on Vidyarthi Vigyan Manthan – a national science talent search examination organized by Vijnana Bharati, Vigyan Prasar, and NCERT, New Delhi.
Important Points to note about the quiz:
- The Ozone Quiz 2020 consists of 25 questions with multiple choice and needs to be answered in 15 minutes.
- The Ozone Quiz is active from 00 hrs (IST) of 10 September to 15 September 1700 hrs (IST).
- Interested students, parents, and guardians are requested to read the study material on the Importance of Ozone Layer, provided on the website before attempting the quiz.
- The quiz is only for the students of class VIII to XII std from all South Asian countries (India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka).
- Participating students will get participation certificates.
- Only the top 10% of students from each country will get the meritorious certificate.
- The list of such students will be announced on World Ozone Day – 16 September 2020, 17hrs (IST) on the website of https://vvm.org.in as well as on the FB page of SAMA.
- Other terms and conditions of the Ozone quiz will be shown at the time of attempting the quiz.
Click here to read and register for the Ozone Quiz.
Read more news on ‘Competition‘.