The scheme of Post Matric Scholarship for SC students was revised recently in December 2020. Some of the major provisions included in the scheme guidelines are as follows:
- Revised Funding pattern between the Centre and State with a fixed sharing ratio of 60:40 (90:10 in case of North Eastern States).
- Payment of entire scholarship amount into the account of the students only through DBT mode
- Development of a robust IT robust framework for, inter alia, ensuring transparency and timely delivery.
- Priority to the poorest SC households for coverage under the scheme.
- Focus on the quality of the institutions.
- Efforts to increase awareness regarding the scheme and to encourage dropped-out students to enroll.
The allocation for the scheme has been increased to Rs. 3415.62 Cr in 2021-22. State/UT wise allocation is not done under the scheme, as it is a demand-based scheme.
This information on Post Matric Scholarship was given by Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr.Virendra Kumar in the Lok Sabha in a written reply today.
Click here to visit the National Scholarship Portal.
Read more ‘General‘ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.