British Council has come up again with ‘Reading for Life’ with a completely new collection of books and workshops for children. The workshop has been specially designed for 7- to 12-year-olds children.
Following are the objectives of the workshop: –
- Promote the love for reading among children
- Help children grow as motivated, confident, and engaged readers
- Introduce children to a wide range of authors and literature
- Encourage children to participate in group activities and help them develop their writing and speaking skills
- Enhance their creativity, presentation, and independent thinking skills
- Provide children with a happy and memorable learning experience.
It’s a three-week online program that challenges the participants to read at least 1 book every week from the British Council’s online collection of e-books, audiobooks, and comics.
From the workshop the participant will not only enhance their reading and listening skills, but also learn to write the book reviews, which will support them in enhancing their writing and inferring skills.
- The registrations for the online workshop are open for the batches starting on 1 May and 12 June.
- The registration fee for the workshop is INR 1,700/- per participant.
- Special for British Council library member who can sign up for the program at INR 1,200/-.
- In case any interested participants happen to be past participants of Reading for Life he/she can avail of an exclusive discount of 10 percent on registration. Please write to Indialibraries@britishcouncil.org with your email address and the name of your child. We will get back to you with the coupon code to avail of the discount.
- For any query, please email us at Indialibraries@britishcouncil.org
Click here to register for the Reading for Life workshop.
Read more ‘General‘ news on dailyschoolsnews.com.