‘Sainik Schools For Girls’ too declared by the Prime Minister. On the occasion of 75th Independence Day, Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi addressed the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort. In his speech, he spoke about many important matters. He stated that they get equal opportunities and they feel safe and respected.
We think this was the need of the hour when our girls are doing a great job in all the fields, whether science, sports, etc. The girls should have the equal opportunity to steady in the Sainik Schools and serve the Indian Army.
History of Sainik School:
- Mr. VK Krishna Menon introduced the concept of Sainik schools in 1962. He was the Union defence minister from April 1957 to October 1962.
- Sainik Schools Society is responsible to run and manged the Sainik schools. However Ministry of Defence (Mod) is responsible for the administration of this society.
- The objective of starting these was to prepare children in the early age to get entry into the Indian Army. The students are prepared for a disciplined life. This is the primary pillar of all the armed forces, and the students are refereed as cadets. Thus encourgaes and makes them part of the Indian Army.
- At present we have 33 schools, spread across different states. These schools follow the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) curriculum.
How to get admission?
- All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE) is conducted every year for getting admission to Sainik Schools.
Click here to read and know more about Sainik Schools.